Well, different old week. So What Did I Learn Last Week?
- I love being busy (For those with sensitive souls – I just had to change that from the spell check which made it BUSTY – oh dear!). This goes as far as gritting ones teeth after running a fairly exhausting 2 day course, and going out to a networking evening. It was for volunteers on a local radio station – MarlowFM – 97.5 Mhz locally, and on line. Just a lovely bunch of people in a lovely pub, doing something lovely locally!
- I love my job. Being with a group of highly excited very committed set of people on a leadership course is both inspiring and uplifting. I get paid to do this – how lucky is that? I get a huge buzz from it, and always arrive home tired but happy…just great to see people grow.
- I occasionally become jealous. A friend has enormous fan base on Twitter – highly deserved, but still felt those ‘if only’ pangs! If you want to see her, use @LarkinQuotes – some lovely thought provocation. e.g.”Why don’t you have a go / if you’re so bloody clever”? Oh – 31 000 followers.
- The total immersive joy of live Theatre – we saw War Horse as a family on Saturday – Christmas pressie to each other. 2 rows from the front. Wow. Wow. Wow. I sobbed, a lot… So close and so involved and just so heart rendengly good.
5. Don’t share negative thoughts on a football team in a general text to your friends whom are mainly Tottenham fans, and not realise one is a closet Chelsea fan, and you almost fall out…
6. A metaphor – had to find a hotel on Sat Nav which had changed it’s name – maybe need to update my mental maps as well as the Sat Nav ones. Makes you think, doesn’t it? Update your internal maps?